The live lessons of Head Start to Biology will run on Wednesdays from 5:30-6:30pm on 13 July, 20 July, 27 July, 3 August and 10 August.
These are CAMERA ON lessons and there is no option to have your camera off.
This 5 week module of Head Start to Biology A level covers:
- The extra items you need to know to bridge the gaps from GCSE to A-Level.
- Which Textbooks are the best ones to get
- How should I use the specification?
- How do I do the 30% self-study that is required of me and how do I know which stuff is mine to do? (because your teachers can’t tell you)
- Good habits to be formed throughout A level
- What practicals will I need to know and how do I write these up?
- What skills do I need?
The content aspects that will be covered are:
- genetics and cell division
- exchange surfaces and the 6 types of transport
- disease and immunity
- circulatory system and heart
- variation and classification
- plants – xylem and phloem
- maths for Biology
For each of these content aspects, we will cover a very minor GCSE amount of these, and the focus will mainly be the gap in understanding between GCSE and A level so that the A level course will be accessible for you from Day 1.