The live lessons of Head Start to Chemistry will run on Thursday from 9-10am on 14 July, 21 July, 28 July, 4 August and 11 August.
These are CAMERA ON lessons and there is no option to have your camera off.
This 5 week module of Head Start to Chemistry A level covers:
- The extra items you need to know to bridge the gaps from GCSE to A-Level.
- Which Textbooks are the best ones to get
- How should I use the specification?
- How do I do the 30% self-study that is required of me and how do I know which stuff is mine to do? (because your teachers can’t tell you)
- Good habits to be formed throughout A level
- What practicals will I need to know and how do I write these up?
- What skills do I need?
The content aspects that will be covered are:
- Atomic structure and energy levels
- formation of ions
- bonding – the fourth type of bonding
- inorganic chemistry
- organic chemistry and naming and drawing molecules
- reaction types
- maths for Chemistry
For each of these content aspects, we will cover a very minor GCSE amount of these, and the focus will mainly be the gap in understanding between GCSE and A level so that the A level course will be accessible for you from Day 1.