Head Start to Physics A Level gives you what you need to know to bridge your gaps, and also gets you organised for a successful A Level. These will open on 1 July and you can work through them at your own pace.
This module of Head Start to Physics A level covers:
- The extra items you need to know to bridge the gaps from GCSE to A-Level.
- Which Textbooks are the best ones to get
- How should I use the specification?
- How do I do the 30% self-study that is required of me and how do I know which stuff is mine to do? (because your teachers can’t tell you)
- Good habits to be formed throughout A level
- What practicals will I need to know and how do I write these up?
- What skills do I need?
The content aspects that will be covered are:
- symbols, units, formulae
- deriving equations
- forces and motion
- Hooke’s Law and density
- atoms and radioactivity
- space physics
- medical physics
- maths for Physics
For each of these content aspects, we will cover a very minor GCSE amount of these, and the focus will mainly be the gap in understanding between GCSE and A level so that the A level course will be accessible for you from Day 1.